Police Identify Victim Killed In Crosswalk Crash On Wasatch Boulevard
SANDY, Utah – A 44-year-old man has been killed after being hit by a vehicle on the east side of Sandy.
Police have identified the victim as Fernando Cruz La Vana of Sandy.
Fatal auto/ped update. The decision decreased pedestrian has been identified as Fernando Cruz La Vana 44yrs. Our hearts go out to the family. The investigation is ongoing.
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) February 7, 2019
The incident happened at 10040 South and Wasatch Boulevard around 12:40 p.m. Thursday.
Lt. Dean Carriger said with the Sandy Police Department said the victim was in the crosswalk when he was struck by a southbound vehicle.
Officials said the victim died at the scene.
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) February 7, 2019
The Toyota Camry was driven by a 68-year-old driver male.
Lt. Carriger said there were no initial signs of impairment, but they were working to determine if that was a factor. They were also working to determine if speed was a factor.
Wasatch Boulevard was expected to be closed in both directions from 10000 South to 10100 South until around 6 p.m.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)