Drugs, Firearms Seized In Sevier County Search
SIGURD, Utah – Two suspects have been arrested on suspicion of illegal drug distribution in the small Sevier County town of Sigurd, just northeast of Richfield.
Investigators said they found methamphetamine, heroin, and marijuana during a search of a home Thursday. Officials from the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office said they also found large amounts of cash and firearms in the home.
Sigurd residents Bret Zimmer, age 29, and Staci Peterson, age 30, were booked into the Sevier County Jail on drug related charges. Officials said the charges are all felonies.
Investigators with the sheriff’s office made the arrests before searching the residence in Sigurd, Utah. Officers from the Richfield City Police Department assisted in the search.
For immediate release:On 2-7-2019 Sevier County Major crimes unit arrested Bret Zimmer (29, Sigurd) and Staci Peterson…
Officials said charges were pending for other people involved. Federal prosecutors were also reviewing the case for prosecution in federal court.
The investigation was ongoing. It was not clear if additional charges were expected to be filed.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)