Laurie Holt Reportedly Found Unresponsive Sunday Morning
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Laurie Holt, the mother of Josh Holt, died Sunday.
Her official cause of death has not yet been released, but some details are coming to light.
Former 4th Congressional District representative Mia Love reacted to her death on Facebook, writing that Holt was a “dear friend” and an “amazing mother.”
According to Love, Holt’s husband tried to wake Laurie on Sunday morning to go to church, but she was unresponsive.
Laurie Holt worked for nearly two years to get her son released from a Venezuelan prison. She traveled to Washington, D.C., she lobbied her congressmen and congresswomen, and she held fundraisers to help pay legal fees.
Love became Holt’s friend while working with other politicians to try and free Josh Holt.
Josh Holt said she will be greatly missed.
A GoFundMe* has been set up by Mia Love to help the family with funeral expenses.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)