Couple, Dogs Recovering After House Fire That Killed Cat
Feb 14, 2019, 6:33 AM
SOUTH OGDEN, Utah – A couple and their four dogs are recovering Thursday after a house fire that killed their cat.
The fire was sparked in the kitchen of the home on Jefferson Avenue late Wednesday night. Officials said the homeowners went outside, but the husband went back into the house to retrieve the couple’s pets.
“We love our pets, but never go back in for your dogs,” said South Ogden Fire Department Capt. Bill Stoddard. “… We can go in there and get them out very quickly and give them oxygen. Most of the time we’re able to save them.”
Firefighters were able to resuscitate the four dogs but were unable to save the cat. The man who dashed back into the home ended up suffering burns in his lungs.