Extra Police At South Jordan Middle School; Threat Deemed Not Credible
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There’s a heightened awareness Feb. 14 on the one-year anniversary of the shootings at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida where 17 people were murdered.
Students and parents will notice an increase in police presence Thursday at South Jordan Middle School following the threat of a shooting there. It’s a threat police said is not credible.
The threat was discovered a couple of weeks ago written on a bathroom stall, stating that a school shooting would happen on Feb. 14.
Authorities said the threat is not valid, but there will be an extra police presence at the school all week as a precaution.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)