PRESS RELEASE: Sandy City Lifts No Drink Order on 2,200 Homes
SANDY, Utah – Sandy City has lifted the no drink order for part of the city potentially affected by high metal content in the water.
In a press release the city wrote:
The No Drink Order is lifted for the area between 700 East to 1700 East and 10600 South and 11400 South; the area between 1700 East and 2000 East and 10600 South and 11400 South remains under a No Drink Order at this time. This decision was made in consultation with the DEQ and the EPA.
This area where the No Drink Order has been lifted encompasses approximately 2,200 homes. Results from 17 samples taken around the area show that all levels of metals have returned to safe drinking levels. Additionally, samples taken at Altara Elementary, Sunrise Elementary and Alta High School showed no elevated levels of metals.
Additional test results anticipated this afternoon will provide more information about the area still under a No Drink Order from 1700 East and 2000 East and 10600 South and 11400 South.
Detailed information on results of samples taken can be found on www.sandy.utah.gov/departments/public-utilities. For additional questions call 801-352-4421
Water stations open Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at 10600 South 1300 East parking lot. This is for bottled water and livestock water. Public Utilities at 9150 South 150 East has bottled water.
Sean Moody has been providing vital updates and following this story. He will continue to update it throughout the day Sunday.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)