Snowstorm Forces Road Closures In Zion National Park
SPRINGDALE, Utah – Zion National Park has issued a warning to visitors after a winter storm that’s expected to drop between 6 – 24 inches of snow.
The Zion Mount Caramel Highway between Canyon Junction and the east entrance to the park is closed. The Zion Scenic Drive north of Zion Lodge will also be shut down. The Kolob Canyons Scenic Drive is closed.
Neither the Zion Canyon Visitor Center nor the Kolob Canyons Visitor Center are expected to open Friday.
The west entrance to the park in both directions was also closed Friday morning.
Park visitors should check the park’s social media sites for updates on road closures and conditions before visiting.
Several Roads through Zion National Park Closing at 7:00 p.m. Tonight.
The Zion-Mount Carmel Highway between Canyon Junction and the East Entrance and the Zion Scenic Drive north of the Zion Lodge will close tonight at 7:00 p.m. in anticipation of the snow storm.
— Zion National Park (@ZionNPS) February 20, 2019
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 5286)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 4285)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3692)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 2165)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 2065)
- 2 men arrested for allegedly enticing minors online and by text (pageviews: 2003)