Police: Man Shot In Layton Home Was Idaho Officer
LAYTON, Utah — Authorities said a man who died after being shot in a Layton home Thursday was a police officer from Idaho.
Detectives were investigating a deadly shooting inside a home after they said a call came into 911 from the suspected shooter. The deceased man was identified as Blaine Reed, 35.
Lt. Alex Davis said the call came in around 6:45 p.m. from the homeowner, who told police he had shot Reed.
When officers arrived, they found Reed on the floor of the house, located near 300 W. Park St., with at least two gunshot wounds.
Police said Reed came to the residence to confront the homeowner about a relationship he believed the homeowner was having with his ex-girlfriend. Reed came in uninvited, there was a fight, and the homeowner shot him several times, according to police.
Davis said Reed was taken to the hospital to be treated for his wounds, but he subsequently died from his injuries.
The suspected shooter was being cooperative with the investigation, according to police.
According to Jefferson County records, the Idaho Falls Police Department placed Reed on administrative leave in November 2018 following a reported domestic violence incident. He was also charged in December 2018 with attempted strangulation and assault.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)