President Trump Announces Fourth of July ‘Salute to America’ Event in DC
WASHINGTON D.C. – President Donald Trump Sunday announced plans for one of the “biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C.” for the fourth of July.
In his tweet, posted around 5:43 a.m., he wrote the event will be called “A Salute to America”.
According to the tweet, the event will take place at the Lincoln Memorial and will feature a “major fireworks display”.
Mr. Trump also wrote he will give an address.
HOLD THE DATE! We will be having one of the biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C., on July 4th. It will be called “A Salute To America” and will be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 24, 2019
Last year, Washington, D.C.’s Fourth of July fireworks celebration was visible over the Washington Monument, the U.S. Capitol building, the Lincoln Memorial and other well known DC landmarks.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)