Sam Gordon From Herriman Featured In New Nike Ad Aired During Oscars
HERRIMAN, Utah – 15-year-old tackle football sensation Sam Gordon from Herriman is featured in an all-new Nike ad celebrating women in sports.
The 30th Anniversary ad that aired Sunday during the Oscars is called Dream Crazier and is narrated by tennis star Serena William.
A lot of women athletes are featured, some of which include the U.S. Womens Soccer Team; soccer players Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe, Julie Ertz, and AlyssaNaher; Conneticut basketball player Sue Bird; skier Picabo Street; footballer Nayeli Rangel; gymnasts Simone Biles and Alexa Moreno; boxer Mariana Juarez; fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad; snowboarder Chloe Kim; basketball player Lisa Leslie; NBA Coach Becky Hammon; WNBA Coach Cheryl Reeve; tennis players Li Na and Simona Halep; and track athlete Caster Semenya.
In the ad, Williams says:
If we show emotion, we’re called dramatic. If we want to play against men, we’re nuts. And if we dream of equal opportunity? Delusional. When we stand for something, we’re unhinged. When we’re too good, there’s something wrong with us. And if we get angry, we’re hysterical, irrational, or just being crazy. But a woman running a marathon was crazy. A woman boxing was crazy. A woman dunking? Crazy. Coaching a NBA team: Crazy. A woman competing in a hijab, changing her sport, landing a double cork 1080, or winning 23 Grand Slams, having a baby, and then coming back for more? Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, and crazy. So if they want to call you crazy, fine. Show them what crazy can do.
— Nike (@Nike) February 24, 2019
Gordon tweeted the ad early Sunday.
— Sam Gordon (@Sam_Gordon6) February 24, 2019
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 71723)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 10117)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8705)
- Utah Sets New Record With 722 New COVID-19 Cases; 7 New Deaths Reported (pageviews: 7637)
- Two People Charged With Hate Crime For Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural (pageviews: 5079)
- Husband Of Nurse Fighting For Life In ICU (pageviews: 4284)
- Unified Police Help Single Mom Remove Trees After Alleged Scam (pageviews: 4275)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 4150)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 4121)