Road Closures Scheduled Along I-80 In Tooele County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation has scheduled closures for Monday and Tuesday nights along I-80 in Tooele County for bridge work on state Route 36.
Westbound lanes will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday – 5 a.m. Tuesday and 8 p.m., and Eastbound lanes will be closed Tuesday – 5 a.m. Wednesday. Drivers will be detoured onto SR 36 through Gransville to reconnect onto I-80.
Overnight crews will be bringing in new bridge beams to carry traffic on SR 36 over I-80.
“It’s important the bridges are in good shape,” said UDOT spokesperson John Gleason. “We’ve done a lot of patch work over the years, but this is going to be a complete replacement of that ramp.”
According to UDOT, roughly 44,000 people drive I-80 every day, so improving the roadway and flyover bridge is critical.
The bridgework is part of a project to replace a total of three flyover bridges in Tooele County.
The detours are estimated by UDOT to add about seven additional minutes to the drive.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)