Experts Caution Cabin Owners After String Of Explosions
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A string of fiery explosions in the past few days has raised red flags for Utah cabin owners who may be concerned about gas leaks.
Experts have said when in doubt, get out.
“You smell that natural gas smell, that rotten egg smell, the best thing for you to do is get out,” said Toby Norton with the American Fork Fire Department. “Leave the residence … call 911.”
“I would much rather go to a gas leak where everybody’s out of the house and nothing happens,” he added, “as opposed to (going) to a house that has ignited and we’re having to recover bodies.”
While everyone has survived the accidental explosions in recent days, firefighters said they hope awareness of these disasters will help people take further precautions.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)