High 5: Riley Elementary School Student Makes Friendship A Priority
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – It was a busy morning in Mrs. Waldroup’s class as the kids learned about counting and money.
They’ve also been learning something about friendship thanks to a special student: AJ Cline.
AJ was recognized for his kindness. His teacher said he always goes out of his way to make sure everyone in the class feels included.
“At recess when they’re all sad if they’re not playing with somebody, or they feel like they need a friend, AJ’s the first one to run over there and make sure everyone has someone to play with,” Waldroup said.
For his kindness, AJ earned himself a KSL High 5, and the special gift included a remote control truck.
When asked how the recognition made him feel, AJ said he was “happy.”
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)