Another Small Earthquake Rattles Bluffdale Area Overnight
BLUFFDALE, Utah – An area that’s been hit with at least 100 earthquakes in the past weeks got another shake in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
The University of Utah Seismograph Stations reported it as a 2.5-magnitude quake, and the United States Geological Survey reported it as a 2.6. The epicenter was just south of central Bluffdale, and it’s the seventh to strike the vicinity in the last 48 hours. There have been more than 100 earthquakes since Feb. 13.
Seismologists at the University of Utah said these earthquakes are not necessarily a sign of things to come, but they also may not relieve enough pressure to reduce the likelihood of a larger one.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, there were more than 200 earthquakes recorded in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho during the month of February. Most of those quakes happened in Utah.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)