Marvel’s First Female-Led Movie, ‘Captain Marvel,’ Packs In Fun, Adventure
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Featuring one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Captain Marvel” is hitting theaters Friday.
Film critic Jimmy Martin said the film, the first in the MCU to feature a woman in the starring role, shows off just how mighty this hero is.
“This one is going to crush it,” he said. “… She could crush Iron Man. She could crush Capt. America if she wanted to.”
Set in the 1990s, “Captain Marvel” tells the origin of the titular character as she tries figure out her past.
“You have a lot of great 90s references,” Martin said. “You have a great 90s soundtrack in this thing.”
He said one of the best things about the movie is it gives girls a superhero to look up to.
“Marvel once again did it,” Martin said.
“Captain Marvel” is rated PG-13 and stars Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening and Clark Gregg.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)