Police Looking For Suspect In Orem Shooting That Injured Woman
OREM, Utah — Officials are still searching for the suspect in a shooting that injured a woman Thursday evening.
The incident happened at approximately 7:20 p.m. at Pheasant Meadow Apartments, 795 S. and 1810 West, where a woman was shot twice while walking to her apartment door, authorities said.
Police said she was shot in the leg and the back.
Officials haven’t yet identified the victim, but they have confirmed she is in her 30s and has children. She is in stable condition and is expected to survive.
Orem Police Department Lt. Trent Colledge said the only description police have of the suspect is a man possibly wearing a motorcycle helmet. Colledge said there are no other known witnesses.
“(The shooting was) definitely not random,” Colledge said. “She was targeted.”
“We have some information we are following up on,” he added. “It’s just really in the preliminary stages of the investigation, and so that information we are trying to keep confidential at this time.”
Neighbor Chris Clark said he was watching TV at the time when he heard four to five “bangs.” He said he walked outside to see what had happened and saw a crowd of people standing near where the shooting happened.
“At that point is when a girl ran out of the house with a phone, screaming that her mom had been shot,” Clark said.
He said he’s never had a problem with the people in that home, and he called the shooting “alarming.”
“(It’s) very unusual.” he said. “… In fact, I talked to the neighbor just behind me and he said the reason he moved here is that its such a quiet neighborhood.”
Residents in the area said they are on edge, and police have asked them to use caution coming and going since the shooter is still at large.
Police have asked anyone with any information to call the Orem Police Department at 801-229-7070.
KSL TV’s Felicia Martinez contributed to this report.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)