Police Identify Woman Who Was Run Over By Police Officer
MILLCREEK, Utah – Salt Lake City Police have identified a woman who they said was accidentally run over by an officer on March 5.
Authorities said Cindreia Simone Europe, 25, of Georgia, was wearing dark clothing and lying in the middle of a parking lot when the officer drove over her while conducting a welfare check.
The Unified Police officer, who is new to the department, was placed on paid administrative leave while the incident is being investigated.
Officials noted that it’s unclear if the woman died as a result of being hit by the patrol car or if she was deceased before the officer entered the parking lot. The medical examiner’s office is determining the cause of death, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)