2 Arrested After Crash On SR 40 Kills Vernal Man
VERNAL, Utah – Two men have been arrested following a fatal crash Monday on state Route 40.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a Chrysler Sebring was traveling westbound on the highway crossed the median and onto eastbound lanes “for an unknown reason” where it was struck by a GMC Denali.
The driver of Sebring died on impact. He has been identified as Joshua Beasley, 30, of Vernal.
UHP Public Information Officer Sgt. Nick Street said there was heavy fog at the time of the crash.
The two occupants of the Denali fled the scene on foot, according to authorities. They were eventually apprehended by the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office and the Vernal Police Department. One of the men had a $25,000 warrant issued for his arrest.
Both men were evaluated by medical personnel and then booked into jail. They are facing charges for leaving the scene of a fatal crash.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)