Girl Scouts Hand Out Hundreds Of Boxes After Customer Donates $1000
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Thin mints, samoas, do-si-dos were among the 250 boxes Girl Scout Troop 455 gave out for free after a man donated $1000 to the group.
“We were amazed,” troop member Lizzie Rawlings said about the Friday incident.
“I didn’t believe it at first because I thought it was a joke.”
“I didn’t believe them at first because I thought it was a joke!”
Tonight at 10:00, the good deed that allowed these Girl Scouts to give out $1000 worth of cookies👧🏻🏕 🍪 @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/yzGXBVJmnf
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) March 13, 2019
But it was no joke. Daryl Smith stood at the troop’s booth, set up at Smith’s in West Jordan Friday night, for a couple minutes before deciding to make the big donation.
“Instead of keeping the cookies, I told them just to donate to anybody who wanted them,” Smith said.
Rawlings along with her group handed out the boxes to 250 lucky customers at Smith’s in Daybreak Tuesday night.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)