Sandy Shooting Victim’s Father: “She Loved Life and Gave Life”
SANDY, Utah —The father of a woman shot and killed in Sandy told KSL he’s devastated over what happened, saying his daughter loved everyone.
Maureen Fiore, 36, and her husband, Jeffrey Webster, 38, were found inside their home by police with gunshot wounds in the area of 11000 South and 900 East.
Police said they were called to the home after an alarm company called them saying the alarm in the home had been triggered.
Fiore later died from the wounds. Webster is expected to survive and has been upgraded to stable condition.
Philip Fiore, who lives in Colorado, told KSL over the phone that he doesn’t understand who would want to hurt his daughter.
“I’m devastated,” he said. “She loved life and gave life and made everybody around her feel good that’s all.”
— Dan Rascon (@TVDanRascon) March 13, 2019
Neighbors we spoke with said they too are shocked and devastated over what happened. Several of them told us they heard a gunshot and screaming.
“Sitting there watching SportsCenter, hear a loud bang…and then I heard what appeared to be a woman screaming. It was high pitched, a couple of yells,” said Lee Swingley. “It hits close to home — hurts our heart, scary.”
Police say the couple was shot while inside the home but there is no evidence of a forced entry. They have been at the house all day gathering evidence.
Officials are also asking neighbors for home surveillance video that may have captured something.
“I think its too early to speculate, but we don’t think there is a public safety issue right now to anybody else,” said Sgt. Jason Nielson. “It does seem like that these type of cases don’t just randomly occur.”
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)