Herriman City Recognizes Neighbors, Snow Plow Drivers, Emergency Responders For Saving Man’s Life
HERRIMAN, Utah — It was an early February storm that forced John Ryder to bring out the snow blower.
“I was out clearing the snow in the morning,” Ryder said. “The last thing I remember, I just went down.”
Ryder was having a heart attack. Neighbors who saw him fall and two vigilant snow plow drivers who happened to be in the area started CPR.
Captain Anthony Widdison with Unified Fire Authority was one of the first emergency responders on scene. He said right away he noticed how effective the CPR been performed was.
“We did note right away that the CPR being performed was not the typical CPR you would see from a bystander,” Widdison said. “It was really well done, almost textbook.”
Little did he know, the snow plow drivers were just trained by Unified Fire Authority in CPR weeks before.
“Their CPR technique was really well done. It was almost textbook.”
At 10:00, how neighbors, snow plow drivers and emergency responders are being recognized for saving a man’s life @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/ssrZNvqk63
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) March 15, 2019
Ryder is grateful for the quick actions taken by everyone on scene.
“All those things saved my life,” he said. “That’s really what it came down to.”
Herriman City agreed — and on Wednesday night they honored nearly a dozen people who responded to the incident with a citizens award.
Ryder hoped his story would remind other of the importance of taking action when someone is in need.
“You can always be of assistance even if you feel you can’t do it, you can try,” Ryder said. “You never know, you may be able to make a difference in somebody’s life just like they did mine.”
For information on CPR classes offered by Unified Fire Authority, visit UnifiedFire.org.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 29330)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 10903)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 7691)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 6103)
- 3 People Injured In Dramatic Crash On Bonneville Salt Flats, Witness Says (pageviews: 5978)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5683)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4723)
- Are You Graduating This Year? Pizza Hut Wants To Give You A Free Pizza (pageviews: 3948)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 3685)