Utah Doctor Sues News Outlets Over Claims Of Illegal Abortions
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A doctor is suing conservative news outlets, arguing they amplified false claims that she has performed illegal abortions.
The lawsuit names The Daily Caller, which was founded by Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson; as well as The Western Journal.
Both media outlets reported that Dr. Leah Torres would “cut the throats” to prevent them from screaming during abortions. Torres said that information is false and a malicious lie — one that resulted in death threats and ultimately led to her losing her job.
She has had to leave Utah in order to find work.
I won’t be talking to the media in accordance with legal counsel.
I will continue to stand up for what is right.
I will not be bullied into silence nor complacency.
I appreciate you all for standing with me as we fight for the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
— Leah Torres, MD (@LeahNTorres) March 14, 2019
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 29330)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 10903)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 7691)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 6103)
- 3 People Injured In Dramatic Crash On Bonneville Salt Flats, Witness Says (pageviews: 5978)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5683)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4723)
- Are You Graduating This Year? Pizza Hut Wants To Give You A Free Pizza (pageviews: 3948)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 3685)