Church Leaders Issue Statement “Of Love And Support” After New Zealand Mosque Shootings
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Officials for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said they are “deeply saddened by the tragic loss of so many lives” after the attacks on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. The statement of support came from the Pacific Area Presidency for the church.
“We are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of so many lives as a result of yesterday’s senseless attacks in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. Our prayers are with the families of the deceased, the injured, and all others impacted by this tragedy. We also pray for all New Zealanders and our Muslim brothers and sisters throughout the world.”
The statement is available on the church’s newsroom website.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 29330)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 10903)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 7691)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 6103)
- 3 People Injured In Dramatic Crash On Bonneville Salt Flats, Witness Says (pageviews: 5978)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5683)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4723)
- Are You Graduating This Year? Pizza Hut Wants To Give You A Free Pizza (pageviews: 3948)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 3685)