1 Dead, 1 Inured After Driver Falls Asleep On I-70 In Salina
SALINA, Utah – A juvenile was ejected and killed and another passenger is in critical condition in a crash that resulted after the driver fell asleep and rolled the car on I-70.
A Buick Rendezvous sedan carrying five people was driving westbound on I-70 in Salina on Saturday, according to Utah Highway Patrol officials. The driver fell asleep and the car drifted over to the left side of the road when the car began to roll.
A juvenile male was ejected from the car during the crash and died from his injuries, UHP said. Another passenger in the car, who officials said was laying in the back of the car, was critically injured and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
The driver and two other occupants escaped with minor injuries, police said.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)