Search For 3-Year-Old Girl In San Juan County Continues
ANETH, Utah – Day three of the search for a missing San Juan County girl within the Navajo Nation began early Saturday morning.
More than 100 volunteers who are helping to find 3-year-old Andanndine Jones gathered at 7 a.m. at the Aneth chapter house that has become the headquarters for the law enforcement operation.
“I want to reassure the public that we are coordinating resources on the Navajo Nation,” said Navajo Police Chief Phillip Francisco on a video posted to his departments Facebook.
The Navajo Police Department is investigating, but officials said this does not appear to be an abduction.
The girls’ parents called police Thursday when they said they couldn’t find her.
Police said it appears she walked away from her house. Since the family lives near McElmo Creek in Aneth, a lot of the search efforts have been on the banks of the creek as well as downstream.
The water flow is high right now because of the snow melt runoff.
The Navajo Police Department has been posting updates on its Facebook page where people have been writing their thoughts.
Lenora Neswood wrote, “Hopes and prayers that the precious baby will be found today.”
Anna Tsosie said, “Lord, help find the little toddler today with the rescue team and law enforcement. Bring her home. Amen.”
Darnell Benally wrote, “God bless everyone that are contributing their time to try and find this little girl. Stay safe out there.”
Chief Francisco is asking any volunteers who might come out later to check in first.
“We are asking the public, if you’re wanting to help in the search, make sure you go to the chapter house and check in so we can make sure we have a coordinated effort,” he said.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)