Search For San Juan County Girl Halted Temporarily After Third Day
ANETH, Utah – After three days of efforts to find a missing San Juan County girl, officials put the search and rescue on hold temporarily.
Authorities and volunteers have been searching for 3-year-old Anndine Jones since Thursday.
According to a press release from the Navajo Division of Public Safety, “the continued deployment of substantial resources after the three days of aggressive searching by air, land and water-based resources had necessitated a pause by these elements to allow them time to recuperate and time for the services to reassess.”
The pause will allow the DPS to secure additional resources, officials said, and prepare for subsequent search efforts.
The Navajo Police Department will continue investigating leads, and community volunteers are continuing search teams, according to the media release.
Anyone with information about the missing toddler is asked to contact the Navajo Police Department Shiprock District at 505-368-1350, extension 1351.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)