Wife Says Montana Trooper Was Shot 3 Times
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — The wife of a Montana Highway Patrol trooper wounded while investigating a fatal shooting says her husband suffered three gunshot wounds and is currently in a medically induced coma at a Utah hospital.
In a statement on Monday, Lindsey Palmer says her husband, Trooper Wade Palmer, remains in stable but “extremely critical” condition at University Hospital in Salt Lake City where he is being treated for wounds to the head, face and neck.
She says he hasn’t regained consciousness since the shooting last Friday and it may be some time before more is known about his prognosis.
Palmer was shot in one of two related shootings in which a man died and two others were injured.
Johnathan Bertsch has been charged with homicide and attempted homicide.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)