94-Year-Old WWII Veteran Finally Gets High School Diploma
SHREWSBURY, Mass. (AP) — A 94-year-old World War II veteran has received his high school diploma — 74 years after he would have gotten had he not enlisted.
Paul Snow says he felt “naked” from all the attention he received Thursday during a ceremony at St. John’s High School, but says he always wanted to get his diploma. The Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports the Worcester native enlisted in the U.S. Navy a day before his 18th birthday in 1943, and was honorably discharged about three years later.
Democratic U.S. Rep. James McGovern and St. John’s High School worked together to award a diploma to Snow as a tribute to his service. Snow was awarded with an honorary diploma dated June 17, 1945.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)