2 Arrested In Week-Long Auto Burglary Spree In Eagle Mountain
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – The Utah County Sheriff’s Office on Friday arrested two men in connection with a string of auto burglaries that began March 15.
Cody Bryon Jolley, 26, of Kearns, and John Landon Walker, 24, of Riverton, were both booked in Utah County Jail on charges including multiple counts of a burglary of a vehicle, a class A misdemeanor; unlawful use of a financial transaction card, a third-degree felony; 3 counts of theft of a firearm, a second-degree felony; and several drug charges.
The two are accused of breaking into unlocked cars parked on the street and in driveways on numerous Eagle Mountain streets, taking guns, wallets, purses, credit cards and even loose change.
According to a statement from the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, deputies saw a vehicle that matched the description of a car seen in surveillance videos. When they stopped the car, which had four occupants, they reportedly saw marijuana “plainly visible.”
3 firearms, 3 credit cards, CD's, and cash stolen in string of 19 auto burglaries in Eagle Mountain. All cars were unlocked. Two suspects have been arrested and have confessed to their involvement in these crimes. https://t.co/7VZ2GBdgBX pic.twitter.com/RDNHVzmfBm
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) March 22, 2019
During a search of the car, authorities found methamphetamine, marijuana, heroin and drug paraphernalia, according to charging documents.
Deputies arrested two of the men who confessed to their involvement in the auto burglaries, arresting documents state.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, Jolley and Walker told deputies that they sold at least two of the three firearms that were stolen. Authorities are attempting to identify the person to whom the guns were sold.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)