UDOT Finishes Emergency Repairs On Pothole That Shut Down Multiple Lanes On I-15
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews with the Utah Department of Transportation on Monday finished emergency work repairing a pothole in a bridge.
The hole surfaced on the I-15 northbound bridge deck over 800 South and forced the closure of three lanes overnight.
UDOT said they plan to begin opening lanes within the 6 a.m. hour.
Good news @UtahDOT crews done with repairing the pot hole on 1-15, they are just allowing it time to reset. They plan to pull traffic control within the hour and hopefully have all lanes open NB on 1-15 at 800 No just before 600 south exit by 6am. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/kBrwHtkgO8
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) March 25, 2019
A Utah Highway Patrol trooper discovered the three-foot pothole at approximately 7 a.m. Sunday morning. The hole had punctured completely through the bridge, officials said.
UDOT spokesman John Gleason said the extreme winter weather accelerated the issue. Luckily the hole was discovered quickly, and no vehicles were damaged.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)