Dixie State Senior Football Player Dies In A Utah Hospital
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — Officials at Dixie State University say redshirt senior football player Abraham Reinhardt has died at a hospital.
School officials did not release a cause of death, but an online account set up for his medical bills says the 23-year-old Reinhardt died of a sudden illness.
According to the school’s athletic department, Reinhardt died Friday evening at Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George.
Reinhardt, a native of Wailuku, Hawaii, was a linebacker at Dixie State and had 79 career tackles and 3½ sacks.
School officials say Reinhardt earned first team All-Rocky Mountain Athletic honors this past season after helping lead the Trailblazers in three different defensive statistical categories.
A campus candlelight vigil for Reinhardt is scheduled Monday night at Dixie State’s clock tower.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)