Dixie State Senior Football Player Dies In A Utah Hospital
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — Officials at Dixie State University say redshirt senior football player Abraham Reinhardt has died at a hospital.
School officials did not release a cause of death, but an online account set up for his medical bills says the 23-year-old Reinhardt died of a sudden illness.
According to the school’s athletic department, Reinhardt died Friday evening at Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George.
Reinhardt, a native of Wailuku, Hawaii, was a linebacker at Dixie State and had 79 career tackles and 3½ sacks.
School officials say Reinhardt earned first team All-Rocky Mountain Athletic honors this past season after helping lead the Trailblazers in three different defensive statistical categories.
A campus candlelight vigil for Reinhardt is scheduled Monday night at Dixie State’s clock tower.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)