Cache Valley To Get Area’s First Opioid Treatment Center
LOGAN, Utah – Doctor Eric Barker says the first phase of an opioid addiction treatment program can often require the most commitment, making it even tougher to get help, if you don’t have any options near you.
“The fact that an individual has to be at the clinic, in person, six days a week, is a real barrier for individuals in Cache Valley,” Barker said. “Because to drive down to Ogden in rain, snow, or ice. Making that drive down there and back, six mornings a week is a very difficult thing.”
The medical director of The Intermountain Dayspring Clinic, which will soon be the Cache Valley’s first opioid treatment center, Barker says the help is greatly needed in the area.
“Logan is the largest municipality that we’re aware of that does not have easy access to an opioid treatment program.” Barker said.
With the grand opening set for April 16th, the clinic, located just behind Logan Regional hospital, at 550 E. 1400 N., has already started seeing a small number of clients. Practice Director, Josiah Smith expects the demand to be big.
“I actually worked at a clinic in Ogden, and saw close to 100 patients that were traveling from Cache Valley, Idaho, down to Ogden for treatment,” Smith said.
In addition to group, and one-on-one counseling, Dayspring will also offer medical treatments; using drugs like methadone to treat the addiction, which Barker says has been proven to reduce opioid-related deaths by as much as 50 percent.
“The use of medications to treat opioid disorder has been shown study after study to really be the gold standard,” Barker said. “It’s all-around a great win for the community. It’s a great resource to have; both for the individuals, and for the folks who live in the community.”
People interested in seeking treatment at the Dayspring Clinic can call, 435-716-1320.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)