UPD Investigating Suspicious Death After Body Found in Car in Emigration Canyon
EMIGRATION CANYON—Unified Police were investigating the discovery of a body inside a car Thursday evening as a suspicious death.
The car was first discovered just off the road near the top of the canyon.
It had a tarp over the top, and yellow smoke was coming from it, said Det. Ken Hansen.
After a hazmat crew assessed the smoke, officers found a deceased man in his mid-30s inside.
“We also located a couple pans of briquettes in the trunk that had been lit,” Hansen said. “We don’t know at this time if this person was trying to stay warm or if there was some other type of situation.”
Hansen said a man who was believed to have known the deceased or recently interacted with him and happened to have active warrants was arrested about a block away and questioned, but he was released by police Thursday night.
“We’ll go through everything and see what he thinks,” Hansen said. “Right now, he’s telling me it’s a suspicious death.”
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)