Driver Dies In Crash After Dragging Ogden Officer With His Car
OGDEN, Utah – A police chase in Ogden has turned deadly. The driver of the car died in a crash after dragging an officer with his car.
The Ogden officer is getting checked out at the hospital for minor injuries, while Utah Highway Patrol investigators are mapping out the details of the deadly crash.
Ogden police say one of their officers pulled over a car around 7 p.m.
While he was speaking with the driver, the driver of the car took off.
His car dragged the officer for some time before striking a traffic light pole during a pursuit at 23rd and Wall Ave.
Police have not said why the driver was initially pulled over.
They are not releasing his name until they speak to his family.
As of Friday night, Wall Ave was closed between 22nd and 24th indefinitely as the investigation continues.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)