Police: Body Found Believed To Be Missing Girl
ANETH, Utah – The Navajo Police Department posted on its Facebook page Wednesday night that a body has been recovered in San Juan County that is believed to be a missing 4-year-old girl.
The body was found in McElmo Creek.
Anndine Jones, whose name was also reported as Andanndine Jones by authorities, was reported missing March 14.
According to the Navajo Police Department, Jones’ parents identified the body. However, a positive identification is pending from the medical examiner’s office.
A post on the Facebook group “Bring Home Anndine Jones,” which was attributed to Jones’s family, stated that the search for the girl was over.
“We, the family of missing four-year-old Anndine Jones, are heartbroken to announce that the search for Anndine has come to an end,” according to the statement. “After a 21-day search, her body was found along McElmo Creek, three miles south of our family’s home, by searchers Kevin and Christian Day of Layton, Utah.”
The family thanked all the authorities and volunteers who helped in the search, and they asked for some privacy to grieve.
“Anndine ‘Cookie’ Jones will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved her,” the statement reads. “She brought such joy to our family, and will forever live on in our hearts and memories.”
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)