Kids in Kenya
Kids in Kenya
In Nairobi, Kenya you’ll find a bustling city at the edge of a vast savanna. Towering skyscrapers can be seen from the plains where lions, rhino, and giraffe roam. But what can’t be seen from afar are the rows and rows of sheet metal homes that fill the city’s slums. There, hundreds of thousands of families live in poverty. Children roam the alleyways begging for food. There is no running water, no sanitation, and no sewage system. Life for the poorest of the poor in Kenya cannot compare to even the neediest of neighborhoods in America. To outsiders, it may seem impossible to escape but, to some on the inside, there is a path out of poverty. It begins with children and it centers on education. With the help of several local LDS members, kids of Kenya are fed, housed and happy and they have hope for their futures and the future of their country. President Gordon B. Hinckley taught “If you are worried about the future, then look to the upbringing of your children.” It is imperative to love them, teach them, respect them, and pray with and for them.
General Conference Documentaries
You can watch all of the General Conference documentaries like this on the KSL-TV app. The app is free with no cable subscription required. And it’s available for a variety of smart TV and smartphone platforms including Amazon Fire, Roku, iOS, Android and fourth-generation Apple TV boxes.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)