7 Year Old Praised As Hero After Calling For Help When Dad Suffered Seizure
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — A seven-year-old boy from North Ogden is being called a hero after he called 911 to help his father who had a seizure and was lying on the floor bloody and unconscious.
It happened on Wednesday morning.
Justin Comley said he was getting his three kids ready for the day when he suddenly had the seizure. His wife was gone at the time.
He says the next thing he remembers is waking up in the hospital.
After the fall, Ryker jumped into action.
“I remember he fell on the ground and then he started bleeding and then he started shaking,” said Ryker to KSL. “I ran out the front door and then I shouted and screamed.”
— Dan Rascon (@TVDanRascon) April 5, 2019
Ryker then ran back inside, grabbed his dad’s phone and managed to figure how to call 911 when the phone was in lock mode.
“It said emergency then it showed me numbers and then it showed a phone so I did 911 and then I pushed phone,” he said.
The family had just moved into the home a week earlier and Ryker had no idea what the address was. He said he ended up getting the address off a trash can.
“I would certainly call him a hero. He did an amazing job,” said Sgt. Jeremy Hindes with North Ogden Police Department.
As a result police officers delivered a special award to Ryker that read, “Certificate of Bravery.”
His parents told KSL they taught him to call 911 should anything happen — and it paid off.
“It’s awesome, its awesome,” said Justin about what his son did. “He’s a problem solver if he can’t get it the first time he has that wit about him he will keep trying.”
“Oh my gosh I think it’s amazing, and I am so incredibly proud. I can’t even stay calm and collective in a scary situation so the fact that he didn’t even freak out at all and kept calm and handled it is just amazing to me,” said Jazmin Comley, Ryker’s mom. “It makes us extremely, extremely proud.”
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)