Man Who Shot Himself In Head Is Expected To Survive
ROOSEVELT, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a man who shot himself in the head in eastern Utah is expected to survive.
The Deseret News reports that police officers responded to a Roosevelt home about 2 a.m. Sunday on a report of domestic violence.
They found a man outside the home and were trying to detain him when he allegedly pulled out a handgun, loaded a bullet and raised the weapon.
A Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputy fired twice when the man raised the gun, but both shots missed and hit a car.
The man shot himself in the head and was flown by medical helicopter to a hospital.
His name and age haven’t been released.
Sheriff’s officials say the man is expected to survive, but they didn’t disclose details on his injuries.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Statewide/Salt Lake County Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- County Crisis Lines: https://www.namiut.org/families-caregivers/suicide-prevention
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)