Safe in 60: Utah’s Drug Take Back Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — This coming Saturday is Utah Take Back Day. The public can dispose of unused and expired medications at 50 locations around the state.
The Take Back event is hosted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, law enforcement partners and the health department. From 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on April 27, you can leave medications at drop-off locations, no questions asked.
The bi-annual event has already removed more than 26.8 tons of unneeded medication from Utah homes.
And here’s why events like this are so important: 42 percent of teenagers who have abused or misused a prescription drug got the medications from their parents’ medicine cabinet.
Properly disposing of medications at events like this also keeps them from contaminating our landfills or our water systems.
During the Take Back event, you can turn in the following items:
- Prescription medications.
- Over-the-counter medicines.
- Pet medicines.
- Medicated ointments and lotions.
- Liquid medicines in glass or leak-proof containers up to 12 ounces.
- Medicine samples.
Here is a complete list of locations participating in Saturday’s event: http://utahtakeback.org/collection.php
Many law enforcement agencies and other facilities have 24-hour secure drop boxes available year round. You can find those locations here: http://utahtakeback.org/collection.php
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)