Kim Kardashian West, Approach The Bench!
The reality star, makeup mogul and criminal justice reformer told Vogue she’s apprenticing with a San Francisco law firm, inspired by her successful effort to free Alice Marie Johnson (Johnson was granted clemency by President Donald Trump after spending years in prison for drug trafficking).
Turns out that in four U.S. states, California included, one doesn’t need to attend law school to take the bar exam.
She’s working with CNN commentator, activist and attorney Van Jones and attorney Jessica Jackson, co-founders of a criminal justice reform group called #cut50, to complete her studies, with the goal of taking the bar in 2022.
What’s the hardest part? Torts, said the daughter of the late O.J. Simpson defense attorney Robert Kardashian. She said torts is the most confusing, contract law the most boring and criminal law, “I can do in my sleep.”
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)