Wednesday’s Child: Thomas, Tired of Restarting, Hopes For Lasting Family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Right now, there are close to three thousand children living in foster care in our state. Many of them don’t have anyone coming for them and they’re being forgotten. Here at KSL, we want to help them find a loving adoptive home.
When you first listen to Thomas, he sounds wise beyond his 12 years of age. The self-proclaimed, book worm loves learning about animals. He was invited for a day of exploring at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.
Thomas may have a better time relating to animals at this point.
“I like to learn how they feel, what they do and what they show,” he said.
There are a lot of people who have let him down.
“Yeah, it’s been hard.”
Thomas has lived in foster care for so long, he doesn’t remember much before state custody.
“I just was living my own life,” he remembered. “I played with my friends, but now it’s going from house to house to house.”
Life in foster care isn’t easy for Thomas.
“There is a lot of losing friends, restarting and all of that,” he said.
To a 12-year-old boy making friends, and feeling a part of something is a pretty big deal.
“It means getting along, sharing, caring and raising each other’s spirits,” he said with a smile.
While he hopes to stay in one place long enough make more friends, he knows he needs a family for that to happen.
“I want to have a life again,” he said.
Thomas is desperate to get adopted.
“Families are there to help with whatever your problem is,” he said. “I really could use that right now.”
To learn more about Thomas or the many other children hoping to be adopted, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.AdoptEx.org.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)