Wednesday’s Child: Thomas, Tired of Restarting, Hopes For Lasting Family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Right now, there are close to three thousand children living in foster care in our state. Many of them don’t have anyone coming for them and they’re being forgotten. Here at KSL, we want to help them find a loving adoptive home.
When you first listen to Thomas, he sounds wise beyond his 12 years of age. The self-proclaimed, book worm loves learning about animals. He was invited for a day of exploring at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.
Thomas may have a better time relating to animals at this point.
“I like to learn how they feel, what they do and what they show,” he said.
There are a lot of people who have let him down.
“Yeah, it’s been hard.”
Thomas has lived in foster care for so long, he doesn’t remember much before state custody.
“I just was living my own life,” he remembered. “I played with my friends, but now it’s going from house to house to house.”
Life in foster care isn’t easy for Thomas.
“There is a lot of losing friends, restarting and all of that,” he said.
To a 12-year-old boy making friends, and feeling a part of something is a pretty big deal.
“It means getting along, sharing, caring and raising each other’s spirits,” he said with a smile.
While he hopes to stay in one place long enough make more friends, he knows he needs a family for that to happen.
“I want to have a life again,” he said.
Thomas is desperate to get adopted.
“Families are there to help with whatever your problem is,” he said. “I really could use that right now.”
To learn more about Thomas or the many other children hoping to be adopted, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.AdoptEx.org.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)