Catch Of A Lifetime! South Carolina Man Reels in 89-Pound Catfish
(WYFF/NBC News) – Larry Westmoreland has caught plenty of fish in his 70 years, but he’ll be hard pressed to top the one he reeled in Saturday night while fishing on South Carolina’s Lake Keowee.
Westmoreland caught an 89 pound catfish using his own secret bait.
It took him about 20-minutes to land the monster catch.
“I knew I had a big fish but I didn’t realize it was that big,” he says.
Westmoreland says he was able to get the majority of the 49-inch-long fish into his net, but it took several attempts to actually get the fish into the boat.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)