More Rains To Keep Utah Wet Throughout Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Northern areas of the state were experiencing heavy rains Tuesday morning, and the rest of the state was expected to see more precipitation as the day moves on.
“We can count on rain today again,” said KSL TV meteorologist Grant Weyman. “It will be pretty soggy out there.”
Weyman said Utahns should keep their eyes out for potential localized flooding.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) April 16, 2019
On the roads, Davis and Weber counties were already seeing rainfall for morning commuters. Weyman said the west of the Wasatch Front will be seeing it throughout the day.
Many areas in northern Utah are expected to get about a half an inch of rain by Wednesday morning. The southern portions of the state will see their portion of the storm Tuesday night, Weyman said.
Here's the plan this week… pic.twitter.com/pqKqlu6MTM
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) April 16, 2019
In St. George, things warm up significantly for the weekend, though, with a high of 85 on Friday, and a high of 77 on Easter Sunday.
The north end of the state will also see a sunny Friday with highs in the 70s, but it cools down for Easter with a high of 61 and 30% chance of rain.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)