Student Falls To Death While Taking Photo On Cliff
NEWTON COUNTY, Ark. — Authorities say a 20-year-old woman died Saturday after falling off a cliff in Newton County, Arkansas.
The student from South Dakota fell about 100 feet after witnesses say she re-positioned herself for a photo, and slipped.
Newton County Sheriff Glenn Wheeler said the area is one of the most popular places in the state for hiking photos, and said his office gets about five to 10 calls a year of people falling or getting hurt.
“They’re not always fatal falls,” said Wheeler. “But they’re injuries in that area. When I’m talking about that area, I’m talking about Hawskbill Crag, or the trail into Hawksbill Crag, or that bluff line.”
There have been calls for fencing to be put up along the cliff side, but the sheriff said that would take away from the natural beauty of the area.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2v7tEt0
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)