Student Falls To Death While Taking Photo On Cliff
NEWTON COUNTY, Ark. — Authorities say a 20-year-old woman died Saturday after falling off a cliff in Newton County, Arkansas.
The student from South Dakota fell about 100 feet after witnesses say she re-positioned herself for a photo, and slipped.
Newton County Sheriff Glenn Wheeler said the area is one of the most popular places in the state for hiking photos, and said his office gets about five to 10 calls a year of people falling or getting hurt.
“They’re not always fatal falls,” said Wheeler. “But they’re injuries in that area. When I’m talking about that area, I’m talking about Hawskbill Crag, or the trail into Hawksbill Crag, or that bluff line.”
There have been calls for fencing to be put up along the cliff side, but the sheriff said that would take away from the natural beauty of the area.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2v7tEt0
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)