With Stories Of Big Breaks And Heartbreaks, ‘Sound Advice’ Podcast Aims To Lift Others
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — It is the story, about the story, with the goal to help your story.
Merrill Osmond and his son Justin share lessons and stories in their weekly podcast they hope will help others find hope and joy.
“When my parents had Virl and Tom, both deaf, our mother had this dream there would be one day a message of hope throughout the world and help people understand why deafness is part of their lives,” Merrill Osmond said.
His parents continued having children, despite warnings from doctors that they too could be born deaf. Eventually Alan, Wayne, Merrill, Jay, Donny, Marie and Jimmy Osmond all joined the family.
Merrill’s son, Justin, was born deaf.
Justin dreamed of having a “golden throat” like others in his family. But through support and self-acceptance, he’s found happiness.
The father-son pair want to help others find joy and meaning despite their serious trials.
“Our goal is to offer a message of hope and light. There are so many that are struggling. Hopefully we can penetrate this message to one soul who can benefit from it,” Justin said.
You can find the “Sound Advice” podcast HERE. Watch and subscribe for free online.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)