Grandma Fends Off Half-Naked Attacker With Bat
GAINESVILLE, Flo. — A man is in jail with a gash in his head after police say he attempted to burglarize a 65-year-old Florida woman’s car… and she was having none of it.
It was early Sunday morning when Clarese Gainey said she heard a noise outside her apartment.
She peeked our her window to see a large, police say, 300-pound man, pulling on her car door handle and knocking on her window, trying to break in.
He did all this while only wearing boxer shorts.
“So I grabbed my bat and I braced myself, I eased the door open,” Gainey said.
That’s when Clarese said 5-foot-6, 300-pound Antonio Mosely charged at her.
Little did he know she was a high school softball player—a 65-year-old slugger.
“I tucked that bat and hit him upside the head. I said ‘piyah’ and he said ‘oww,'” Gainey said.
That’s when police said Mosely ran to a nearby mobile home park, leaving behind his jeans, shirt, and a sock.
“He was in his drawers. He didn’t have no shoes on, no shirt or nothing,” recalled Gainey.
Police say a k-9 unit tracked mosely down inside a mobile home with new pants on — and cocaine in his pocket. Officers brought him back to gainey to identify him.
“I said, that’s him right there, they said ‘Ms. Gainey, he’s got a big knock on his head,'” said Gainey.
Mosely was booked in the Alachua County Jail with two charges of burglary and drug possession.
Reporting from WNBW.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)