Logan Man Recovering After Dog Tears Into Face
LOGAN, Utah — A man suffered a severely torn lip and other face lacerations after bending down to pet a dog.
Parley Goodrich said he arrived home Friday and saw the pit bull.
“He was petting (the) dog, and it just latched on to his face,” said Tiffannie Wilson, who recounted many of the details of what took place as her brother sat in quiet pain.
Goodrich’s lip was torn on the right side of his mouth almost down to his chin.
He required more than 5 hours of emergency surgery and over 300 stitches.
It kind of hit me pretty good,” Wilson said. “He’s been talking a lot more today than he’s had to, so it’s extra sore.”
Logan Police Capt. Curtis Hooley said officers had since identified the dog and the owner of the dog, and the matter was being forwarded to the Cache County Attorney.
Wilson said she also owns a pit bill, and the family would be devastated to learn it was involved in something like this.
“Our dog is a sweetheart and I would be terrified if that happened to somebody, if he did that,” Wilson said. “Any dog can turn into a bad dog. It doesn’t matter the breed. If you’re not treating them right, they could do something like this.”
Family members set up a GoFundMe* account to help offset medical expenses.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)