Residents, Businesses Affected After Multiple Water Main Breaks
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews were busy Wednesday working to repair water main breaks across Salt Lake City and Millcreek that created muddy messes and closed businesses.
The biggest main break was on Highland Drive at approximately 3205 South in Millcreek. Public utility crews have been working to mitigate all the water main breaks, all of which happened within a 14-hour span.
Officials said each break is being investigated individually.
Water pressure has been throttled in some areas and is still operating, but service has been interrupted for others. Some residents and businesses, like Crown Burger off Highland Drive, were still without water at noon. Others have been repaired, but it will be a couple days before everything is back to normal, authorities said.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 17, 2019
“We have two right now that have been repaired,” said Holly Mullen with Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities. “… They may or may not be related. We’ll be investigating that to find out.”
The pipes along Highland Drive are Salt Lake City’s, but because the break happened in Millcreek, their city’s engineering department was on scene to make sure the roads are put back to their standard.
Officials said the pipes along Highland were installed in 1926.
Officials have asked drivers to avoid the area if possible. If residents have to drive in the area, they’re asked to do so with caution while crews make the repairs.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)