Schools Initiate Shelter In Place After Report Of Shots Fired
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Police responded to a call of shots fired in West Jordan just before noon Wednesday, and several Granite School District schools issued shelter in place orders as a precaution.
Granite School District reported that Magna Elementary School, Cyprus High School and Jim Bridger Elementary School all shelteed in place after police received calls of shots fired in the area of 6600 South and 5500 West.
There wasn’t immediately any evidence that a shooting had occurred, but officials aren’t ruling out that shots were fired. An investigation is ongoing.
“There is no direct threat to the school and the protocol is precautionary to ensure student and staff safety,” the district tweeted.
The shelter-in-place orders were lifted just before 12:45 p.m.
All shelter in place protocols lifted district wide as of 12:30 PM. pic.twitter.com/IBVkUPJ8a9
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) April 17, 2019
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)