Troopers Identify 2 Killed In Juab County Crash
LEAMINGTON, Utah — Troopers have identified two people who were killed in a crash on state Route 132 after trying to pass a semitruck on the highway Wednesday morning.
Kenneth R. Nielson, 39, of Delta, was driving the 2002 Chevy Suburban, and Lena R. Tanner, 39, of Delta, was a passenger in the car, Utah Highway Patrol officials confirmed. A child rode with them in the back seat.
The Chevy was traveling east when Nielson attempted to pass a semitruck in a passing lane and collided with a 2017 Peterbilt service truck traveling west. The driver of the service truck attempted to avoid the car, but the two vehicles collided head-on about six miles northeast of the Millard-Juab county line shortly before 9 a.m., troopers said.
Both Nielson and Tanner were killed in the crash, and the child was flown by a medical helicopter to Utah Valley Hospital. The condition of the child was not released, but troopers said the child is expected to survive.
The driver of the service truck was not injured.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)